Networker

Re: [Networker] Running a backup from the networker client

2005-09-26 17:25:07
Subject: Re: [Networker] Running a backup from the networker client
From: "Werth, Dave" <dave.werth AT GARMIN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 16:24:10 -0500
David,

I initiate backups from a Solaris 7 system to a Networker Server running on
Windows 2K with the following code (korn shell):

# start oracle redo logs save
# see save_ora_redo* for the actual script that gets run
echo "
  . type: NSR group;
  name: ora-redologs
  update Autostart: Start now" | nsradmin -s NwkrServer -i -

# Check status, wait until done
StatF=/tmp/RDLstat$$.tmp
sgDone=0
while [ sgDone -eq 0 ]
do
 sleep 30
 echo "
  show status
  print type: NSR group;
  name: ora-redologs" | nsradmin -s NwkrServer -i - > $StatF
#
  if grep "status: idle;" $StatF
  then
        sgDone=1
  fi
done

I'm not sure what the exact coding would be on Windows but I think it's been
posted on the list before so you might check the archives.

Basically you can communicate with the NetWorker Server from a client
through the nsradmin command.

Hope this helps, Dave

David Werth
Garmin AT, Inc