Networker

Re: [Networker] Windows 2003 OS Restore - Anyone Done It Successfully?

2005-09-22 15:49:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] Windows 2003 OS Restore - Anyone Done It Successfully?
From: Matthew Huff <mhuff AT OX DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 15:43:56 -0400
We found out the source of our problem with Windows 2003 restores, I
don't know if this helps anyone, but it might.

When we moved to Windows 2003, a large number of servers were upgrade
from Windows 2000. If you go that path, the OS is in c:\winnt.

After the crash, when you re-install the base OS, if you install 2003
fresh, it installs in C:\windows. If you then do a restore from Legato
of the System STATE, SYSTEM DB, etc, it will put it in C:\WINNT, which
causes the problem.

The solution is when you do the OS install for the disaster recovery,
make sure you install it in the same directory that you will be
restoring to (check nwadmin, etc...).

----
Matthew Huff           | One Manhattanville Rd
Director of Operations | Purchase, NY 10577
OTA LLC                | Phone: 914-460-4039
http://www.otaotr.com  | Fax:   914-460-4139