Networker

[Networker] NDMP Cloning

2005-09-21 16:49:39
Subject: [Networker] NDMP Cloning
From: "Hawkins, Michael" <Mike.Hawkins AT TDSECURITIES DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 15:38:33 -0500
Presently we are running 7.1.3 on a Solaris server, Library is attached
via Fiber Bridge to the server.  We want to make the 4 of our 8 LTO's
drives "directly attached" to our 4 netapp filers.  Can we remove the
snapimage module [we only use it for the NDMP transport, no caching at
all]  upgrade to 7.2 and use the new features of 7.2 to do our cloning
without needing to purchase storage nodes for the filers?

Honestly this whole thing has become such of a nightmare its ridiculous.
3 weeks ago we had a Legato engineer come out [Not a legato engineer but
legato trained]  and told us that we needed storage nodes and DDS to
make this work.  Just trying to filter through some truth here.

Mike Hawkins
TD Securities
Desk 312.244.2343
Cellular 312.656-0137
mike.hawkins AT tdsecurities DOT com <mailto:mike.hawkins AT tdsecurities DOT
com>

TD Securities does not accept any liability or losses either direct or
consequential
caused by the use of this information. This communication is for informational
purposes only and is not intended as an offer or solicitation
for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument or as an
official confirmation of any transaction.  TD Securities is
neither making any investment recommendation nor providing any
professional or advisory services relating to the activities
described herein. All market prices, data and other information
are not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and are subject
to change without notice. The information contained herein is provided
for your exclusive benefit and use. The information shall not be further
distributed
or duplicated in whole or in part by any means without the prior
written consent of TD Securities. Any statements made herein do not
necessarily reflect those of TD Securities or its affiliates.
TD Securities is a trademark of The Toronto-Dominion Bank and
represents TD Securities (USA) LLC and certain investment
banking activities of The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its subsidiaries.