Networker

Re: [Networker] Resource/Guide/Link on applying Advanced File Type Devices

2005-09-21 05:11:34
Subject: Re: [Networker] Resource/Guide/Link on applying Advanced File Type Devices
From: "Maarten Boot (CWEU-USERS/CWNL)" <Maarten.Boot AT NL.COMPUWARE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 11:08:26 +0200
As far as I remember it is nicely explained in tne admin guide.

Anyway question 1 is always: Do you have the proper license. Tier 1 is if I
recall well up to 1 Tbyte.

After that its easy: (using the Unix Gui on 7.1.3)

Media -> device -> Create:

set the type to adv_file

set the name to an existing directory like: /big/1

and press apply

You now have a adv-file device.

Now label a volume from a pool there ( I use the default pool here )
The pool in my case is not used for anything else otherwise there is a
conflict where the data should go (tape or disk).

after that you have a volume like Default.001.

Direct some of your backups to go to this pool and switch on staging from this
devices to a target tape pool.

Please check the steps by reading the Admin manual

Maarten

--
Maarten Boot,
Compuware Europe B.V.