Networker

Re: [Networker] Timeouts on big files

2005-09-20 18:50:46
Subject: Re: [Networker] Timeouts on big files
From: Jason Koelker <jkoelker AT RACKSPACE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 17:46:12 -0500
Just a shot in the dark, but it kinda sounds like the control connection
is being dropped by something as the data is being transfered on the
data port.  You can set the environmental variable NSR_KEEPALIVE_WAIT to
a vaule like 30 to have the client send a keepalive packet every 30
seconds to keep the control port open.

You may also need to set the TCP keepalive in Solaris' tcp/ip stack to
57 min, see http://www.unixadm.net/networking/tune.html for details on
how and what to set.