Networker

Re: [Networker] How to use all tapes together?

2005-09-16 09:48:32
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to use all tapes together?
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 09:47:48 -0400
On Sep 16, 2005, at 1:51 AM, Turgay Çavdar (Network Grup Başkanı) wrote:

We are using networker version 7.1.2 and 4 tapes in the jukebox. We have got one client and it has 800 GB of data (32 mount). We planned to divide this 800GB of data to 4 parts (approx. 200GB and 8 mount in each part) and use every tape so the Backup time will be very short. We create 4 group and in the client we set for 8 mounts for every group. Server parallism is 32, client parallelism is 8, group parallelism is 8, each tape has a target session value set to 8. In this configuration when we start 4 group only two tapes are used. Why we cant use 4 drives at the same time? (Jukebox parallism set to 4)

What's the target sessions set to on each tape drive? It should be 8. Note that you may slow down restores with your plan. You might be better off just using ONE client entry with a client parallelism set to 32 and group parallism set to 0, and device target sessions set to 8 on each drive. This won't help speed up restores, but it will simplify your configuration.

"signoff networker" in the