Networker

[Networker] NetWorker for NetWare 7.2 - Directive change?

2005-09-14 04:32:47
Subject: [Networker] NetWorker for NetWare 7.2 - Directive change?
From: Allan Nelson <an AT CEH.AC DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 09:27:30 +0100
Just upgraded from Netware client 4.22 to 7.2 on one of our servers to test
things out.

Among other things :-((  It seems that directives may be being handled
differently?

In 4.22, I had the following global directive...

<< / >>
+skip: _SWAP_.MEM

This correctly skipped the swap file on all our Netware servers, regardless of
which volume the swap file was installed on.
This continues to work on our servers still on 4.22, but on the one on 7.2, I
get this...

* serverb:TEMP: SAVE.NLM: (TSAFS.NLM 6.51.0 266) This data set is in use and
cannot be accessed at this time. : TEMP:/_SWAP_.MEM

I can make it work if I specifically set the directive for that volume, e.g.

<< "TEMP:" >>
+skip: _SWAP_.MEM

but want to avoid that if I can as I'll have to put the various volumes in for
the other servers when (if ;-) I upgrade them.

Anyone else seeing this behaviour or know of a solution?

Cheeers... Allan.