Networker

Re: [Networker] 7.2.1 verdict?

2005-09-03 05:32:59
Subject: Re: [Networker] 7.2.1 verdict?
From: Allan Nelson <an AT CEH.AC DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 10:27:47 +0100
Thanks Stan.  I've add the environement variable and it's now backing up.
Will try some test restores and let you know how I get on.
For info, it seems an easy way to see if Netware is actually going to backup is
to look at the Networker console screen on Netware.
I wasn't seeing anything in devices etc until I added that variable and
restarted networker.
Thanks again... Allan.

On Sep 2, 2005, at 5:55 PM, Allan Nelson wrote:

> Is anyone backing up Netware clients successfully with Networker
> 7.2.1?
> The reason I ask is that we've just had that installed and it isn't
> backing up any of our Netware6.5 servers.
> From the Netware clients, on the Networker screen, I can connect to
> the Networker server but it doesn't display current activity on the
> server like it did with 7.1.1 (what we had previously).
> I've reloaded Networker on the client and though it connects,
> there's still no display of activity.
>
> Is the NSR_SUPPORT_NETWARE_4X=1 environment variable still needed
> in Networker 7.2.1? - I thoght that was just to do with restores,
> but maybe I'm wrong (I hope ;-)

When we upgraded here to NetWorker 7.2.1 from 7.1.3, I forgot to put
the NSR_SUPPORT_NETWARE_4X=1 in the new startup file. That night, the
backup for our Netware clients failed. The NSR_SUPPORT_NETWARE_4X=1
environment variable is needed for backups as well as restores of
data on Netware servers. We have not done any test recovers of
Netware servers yet, so I cannot say categorically that it works.