Networker

Re: [Networker] Premature marking tapes full

2005-09-02 13:28:17
Subject: Re: [Networker] Premature marking tapes full
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 13:23:12 -0400
On Sep 2, 2005, at 1:14 PM, Albert Eddie Contractor AFRPA/ESS wrote:

Fairly new install (3 months)
ADIC SCALAR 24s and ADIC SCALAR 100
Networker for Windows 7.2

I have 3 sites similar hardware and identical installs

All 3 sites have tapes being marked very prematurely as FULL when they
are no where near it.

178 MB tape marked as full on a 200GB natural LTO2 tape.

ADIC points to software, Legato points to ADIC here I am stuck in the
middle with you!

Any ideas what could be causing this?

It might be a SCSI problem, or possibly an issue with how the blocking factor is set. Can you write data to a scratch tape directly from the OS? Do you have any errors in your system logs?

"signoff networker" in the