Networker

[Networker] disaster recovery to not simlar machines

2005-08-30 14:01:15
Subject: [Networker] disaster recovery to not simlar machines
From: "Browning, David M (emergency)" <DBrown911 AT LSUHSC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:46:14 -0500
Hey y'all, it looks like our data center survived, but BellSouth, our
carrier is unable to provide data circuits at this time.  IN the meantime,
we are looking at creating some temporary critical machines from backups.
The only thing I am running through my mind is how difficult it is to do a
recovery from not similar tape libraries.  It looks like I will be going
from a 100+ slot, 8 drive library to a 1 or 2 drive 11 or 17 slot library.

Is this something easy to do - do I just recover the media database??  I've
got hundreds of tapes, so scanning in 100's of tapes.    I'd like to do
saveset recoveries, but I would need the media index, correct?

Any ideas are welcome, and I'm probably not thinking as well as I normally
am.

- Dave.

Temporary Email address - dbrown911 AT lsuhsc DOT edu <mailto:dbrown911 AT
lsuhsc DOT edu>

LSUHSC Enterprise Network Operations/Help Desk
(504) 568-4364 - Direct
(504) 914-7550 - Cell