Networker

Re: [Networker] Errors on Windows Server 2003 x64

2005-08-24 14:25:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] Errors on Windows Server 2003 x64
From: Robert Maiello <robert.maiello AT PFIZER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 14:16:19 -0400
Try backiing it up without using VSS (assuming it can be done on x64
edition)?   In  client setup, save operations put:

VSS:*=off

Note there are no quotes, spaces or dashes.

Robert Maiello
Pioneer Data Systems

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 09:07:35 -0700, Scott McDermott <scottm AT KCLS DOT ORG>
wrote:
>I have one server running Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition. I have tried
>both the 7.1.3 and 7.2 clients, and both give this error:
>
>* hostname:SYSTEM STATE:\ 1 retry attempted
>* hostname:SYSTEM STATE:\ save: Diagnostic: This client is not licensed
>for VSS.
>* hostname:SYSTEM STATE:\ ASR System Files - AsrCreateStateFile failed -
>0x32
>* hostname:SYSTEM STATE:\ ASR System Files - Failed to create the ASR
>state files
>* hostname:SYSTEM STATE:\ ASR System Files - Error saving
>* hostname:SYSTEM STATE:\ Registry - Cannot save Registry key SECURITY:
>0x00000003
>* hostname:SYSTEM STATE:\ Registry - Error saving
>* hostname:SYSTEM STATE:\ save: RPC error: RPC cannot encode arguments
>* hostname:SYSTEM STATE:\ save: save of SYSTEM STATE:\ to serverhostname
>failed

>Is this a 64 bit related issue, or something else?
>
>--
>-- Scott McDermott
>-- Network & Systems Administrator
>-- King County Library System
>
>To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and
>type
"signoff networker" in the
>body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT
>edu if
you have any problems