Networker

Re: [Networker] More fun /w AlphaStor [REVISED] - rebuilding the virtual jukebox loses access to nsrjb query

2005-08-22 05:30:45
Subject: Re: [Networker] More fun /w AlphaStor [REVISED] - rebuilding the virtual jukebox loses access to nsrjb query
From: "T. S. Kimball" <tkimball AT BRASS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 05:24:32 -0400
Hi again,

I'm finding this to be downright strange, since have never run into this before.

OK, first off (and sorry for not mentioning it earlier, been a rough weekend
searching for solutions):  NW Server 7.1.2 Sun EBS (lib1), AS server 3.0.2
SR2 (lib2).  Trying to move drives onto lib2 and make it a Storage Node;
Licenses are avail.

Well, I've done some additional testing, and creating a adv_file device on
the AS server does not cause any harm.  So it appears that the dropping and
re-creation of the virtual jukebox is the culprit, but I'm not certain how,
since the application name and key should be the same (long string and
nothing).  However, the one time I left application key as blank it would
not accept that either.

Is there anywhere that the application key is stored plaintext, so I can go
and confirm what these are supposed to be set to?

Alternatively, I heard that an 'unofficial' version of jbedit exists that
will work with a virtual/alphastor jukebox (all I want to do is just change
the assignment of two drives from lib1 to lib2 - what would have been
trivial in just Networker :( ).  Anyone have that to spare?

Thanks,
--TSK

=====
Timothy S. Kimball          tkimball AT brass DOT com
=====