Networker

[Networker] Data being backedup is more than the actual volume size......

2005-08-08 06:37:16
Subject: [Networker] Data being backedup is more than the actual volume size......
From: Srinivas Rao <rsrini AT BLR.PIN.PHILIPS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 15:59:16 +0530
Dear Networkers,
Our Networker server is running on Windows 2003 and we have around 80
Networker clients. A NFS partition, /pstv, from filer mounted on a Networker
client called ingbtc01 and the data size of this partition is 270GB. However
Networker keeps on backing up more than 600GB from /pstv with every full and
incremental backup and because of this I have been aborting it's backup
every day. I have tried to check the saveset size of /pstv with mminfo but
could not get the information because it's backup has not even happened a
single time successfully.

However if I mention all directories of /pstv explicitly in ingbtc01's
saveset attribute, backup happens properly.

Has anybody come across this kind of problem? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

*****
Networker Server7.1.2Build.325 is running on Windows Server 2003 Standard
Edition
Networker client ingbtc01 is running with Networker6.1.4.Build.562 on HpOS
/pstv of ingbtc01 is mounted from a filer
*****

Thanks in advance,
Srinivas Rao.