Networker

[Networker] stopping savegroup

2005-08-03 22:23:18
Subject: [Networker] stopping savegroup
From: Dave Gold - News <dave2 AT CAMBRIDGECOMPUTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 22:17:49 -0400
David,

If you are starting savegrp directly, you should be able to kill the process
(sysinternals has, in my opinion, the best kill command--look for pskill)
...however, have you considered starting the group via nsradmin instead of
starting savegrp? Then you can stop the group via the GUI, or via a nsradmin
command, which should make it a bit easier.

If you need to know when it finishes, you could have the perl script then run
nsradmin every few minutes and check to see if that group was still running. (I
wasn't sure if the perl and cmd process were still running because you cared
when the savegrp ends or not)

Another advantage is that nsrim will run automatically afterwards.

Dave