Networker

Re: [Networker] Problems backing up client behind firewall

2005-08-03 12:47:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] Problems backing up client behind firewall
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 12:43:10 -0400
On Aug 3, 2005, at 11:49 AM, Vince Howard wrote:

Server:  NetWorker 7.1.2.325 under Solaris 8
Clients: NetWorker 7.1.1_rtm.277 under Windows 2000 Server

Hi,

I've searched the archives but can't find anything that helps.

I am trying to add our firewall management server as a new client and am
having problems.  If I try a savegrp probe from the NetWorker server I
get this error:

07/28/05 10:20:15 savegrp: command 'savefs -s svr_name -c clnt_name -g
group -p -l full -R -v ' for client clnt_name exited with return code 9.

* clnt_name:All Connection refused
clnt_name:All level=full, pool=Daily backups, save as of Thu Jul 28
10:20:16 GMT+0100 2005
clnt_name:index level=9, pool=Daily backups, save as of Thu Jul 28
09:16:02 GMT+0100 2005

and if I try starting up NetWorker Admin. on the client I get "server
svr_name: Unable to receive".

The firewall has rules allowing connections between the two machines,
all the NetWorker service ports are open and there are no errors on the
firewall logs resulting from my attempts to run a backup.

I have added a "net" route on the NetWorker server, i.e. "route add -net
net_address gateway".  I can ping in both directions (short and FQDN),
'rpcinfo -p' also works in both directions.

Check to be sure you have not restricted the rights to run NetWorker's save and other
binaries on your firewall management server.