Networker

Re: [Networker] Latest client for Netware

2005-07-29 06:45:45
Subject: Re: [Networker] Latest client for Netware
From: Andrew Horne <a.horne AT SHEFFIELD.AC DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 11:38:37 +0100
Hi Ryan,

I am using the latest TSAFS from TSA5up18. We have been using NSRLIB.NLM 4.22.04 since November 2004, we were one of the early sites that were bitten by the public symbol problem as we moved to TSAFS on NW65.

I now have version 4.22.05 of NSRLIB which has resolved the ABEND issue, there are some other problems with the recover though which I am investigating.

Thanks,

Andrew

Ryan Tassotti wrote:
Hi Andrew,

I believe there is a later version of NSRLIB.NLM available from

Legato Support, which addressess issues with
 NetWare 6.x and TSAFS with the 4.22 client for NetWare.

If you are using TSA600 (which I think is now unsupported by Novell?),

then this later NSRLIB.NLM is irrelevant.

Also ensure that you are using the latest TSA's from Novell,

ie. http://support.novell.com/servlet/filedownload/uns/ftf/tsa5up18.exe/

Do you have plenty of free memory on the client doing the recover?

I have seen NetWare servers run out of memory performing very large

recover operations.

Good luck!
Ryan.

--