Networker

Re: [Networker] No of Session server is actively busy with

2005-07-27 07:01:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] No of Session server is actively busy with
From: Riaan Louwrens <riaanl AT SOURCECONSULTING.CO DOT ZA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 13:01:42 +0200
Hi again,

Thanks for the reply, but,

The problem is that the daemon.log is not very helpful in this case (I
have looked at it).

It lists the actual savesets it is busy with - which is what you get if
you do a nsradmin query with the "session" resource (I am looking for a
"number").

Same problem as a nsradmin query - it as well doesn't list them only
once (2 minutes later it lists whatever it is busy with at that moment
again) - which could be the same savesets (and we are talking a lot of
them) - which makes trying to count them manually, impossible. (This
would all be fine if it was a number) ..

We are trying to prove (hopefully faultfind) that Legato is falling over
- which is very difficult to do if your server stats show that the
server isn't actually working hard (lots of swap, lots of available cpu
etc).

T'would be ideal to have a scenario where we can prove that over 40
sessions it goes belly up and at 35 sessions it is still fine... I
realise that a nsradmin query will put load on it - but this is the only
way to script something to run every half an hour over a period of time
(in conjunction with the system stat tools). I definitely don't want to
sit there counting savesets for 2 days ...

<sigh>

TIA

Riaan