Networker

Re: [Networker] No of Session server is actively busy with

2005-07-27 06:44:26
Subject: Re: [Networker] No of Session server is actively busy with
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 06:39:34 -0400
On Jul 27, 2005, at 6:29 AM, Riaan Louwrens wrote:

Hi All,

I am trying to (for the life of me) figure out an "easy" way to see (via nsradmin query) the number of sessions a backup server is currently busy
with.

We have a Solaris server that seems to have performance degradation at
some point and the normal Solaris tools shows that the server itself
isn't very busy.

I would like to cron a job that does some stats as well as what Legato
is actually busy with at the moment.

It is quite a large server and sitting there manually counting savesets (or trying to go through them one by one if you use the "session" or any
of the session related resources / options with nsradmin) just doesn't
work.

Any Suggestions?

Yes. Look in the daemon.log instead. If your suspicion is correct that NSR is busy, it may actually be too busy to return results from nsradmin. Calling nsradmin will also cause additional load on your server.