Networker

Re: [Networker] Cannot save Registry key SOFTWARE

2005-07-21 11:36:09
Subject: Re: [Networker] Cannot save Registry key SOFTWARE
From: "Kuin, CNM" <CKuin AT WLZ DOT NL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 17:30:22 +0200

I have a similar error on a NT4 SP6a machine. (Legato 7.1.2 + LGTpa66980)
* s1.wlz.nl:SYSTEM STATE:\ 1 retry attempted
* s1.wlz.nl:SYSTEM STATE:\ Registry - Cannot save Registry key SECURITY:
0x00000570
* s1.wlz.nl:SYSTEM STATE:\ Registry - Error saving
* s1.wlz.nl:SYSTEM STATE:\ save: RPC error: RPC cannot encode arguments
* s1.wlz.nl:SYSTEM STATE:\ save: save of SYSTEM STATE:\ to
backupserver.wlz.nl failed

Backups ran fine until the machine restarted earlier this week.
According to support this should probably be fixed by a post SP6a hotfix.
However, MS doesn't support NT4 anymore :(
Even if I knew which hotfix, I can't request one from MS...

The error could be caused by a software installation which finished it's
task after reboot and probably broke up something...
The last installation that didn't work out, prior to the reboot, was on
April 18th this year. (by a colleague of mine)

If anyone has any idea...

With regards,
Cor Kuin
Sysadmin