Networker

[Networker] Automating a second clone?

2005-07-13 09:39:41
Subject: [Networker] Automating a second clone?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 09:35:02 -0400
How best can I automate the creation of a second clone?

We have a group that runs every morning with "Clones" set to 'yes', so we end up with all the savesets cloned to another pool. This works just fine, but I would also like to automate the creation of a second clone but to a different pool. In other words, I'd like the same original savesets cloned to this second pool after the first clones complete. How best can I do this?

I don't want to wait to clone the whole original volume. I'd prefer to have it done each day so I don't fall behind, but the only thing I see involves backup groups and automatic cloning but no way to just automate *only* a clone. Is it a simple matter to just write a script to run out of cron, on the primary server, that first determines which original savesets have not yet been cloned to the second pool and then just runs 'nsrclone' on each saveset, cloning them to the second pool? How would it know that the original volume was not still in use?

Thanks.

George