Networker

[Networker] <no subject> - Reporting on Storage Nodes & Clients

2005-07-13 06:27:16
Subject: [Networker] <no subject> - Reporting on Storage Nodes & Clients
From: Conrad Macina <conrad.macina AT PFIZER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 06:19:42 -0400
I have a .ksh script that does something a little like what you describe,
which I'll send to you off-list. Here's what it does:

# report_on_clients -?

report_on_clients Lists all clients configured on this server,
showing client name, OS type and date of last backup.

Usage:   report_on_clients [-c file.csv [-f]]
         -f = FTP CSV file to <our data collection server> (requires -c option)

With the -c option, the script produces a .CSV file consisting of the
following information for each client:
Client,Server,Primary Storage Node,OS Type,Last Backup Date,Time

You could probably import that into Excel and sort by storage node. It's
working under NetWorker 7.1.1.

Conrad Macina
Pfizer, Inc.

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:46:19 -0400, Brian Greenberg
<bgreenberg AT GLASSHOUSE DOT COM> wrote:

>Does anyone have a shell script that would generate a report of all the
storage nodes on an nsr server and all the clients for that storagenode that
I could easily import into excel?  I'm having a heck of a time trying to
derive the syntax for nsradmin.  Any help or pointers to resources that
would help me with nsradmin shell scripting would also be appreciated.