Networker

Re: [Networker] Moving indices

2005-07-07 16:22:48
Subject: Re: [Networker] Moving indices
From: Eric Wagar <eric AT DEADHOOKERS DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 13:14:43 -0700
Stan Horwitz wrote:
I am running NetWorker server 7.1.3 on a Sun v480 with Solaris 9. We are going to add a new RAID array to the box tomorrow to use for storing NetWorker's index data. We have some clients with a lot of files so they have a large index. What's involved with moving these indexes to a new disk volume? One client's index is around 3GB, but the next largest are only around 1GB in size. I assume I need to fill in the hidden "index path" field in each client's client entry? Right? But do I just cp over the files from our old /nsr volume to the new /nsr2 volume?
Why not just:
1.  stop networker
2.  mount new volume as /nsr2
3. tar (I like tar, use what you like) from old to new
4.  unmount both /nsr and /nsr2
5.  mount the new array as /nsr
6.  start networker

eric