Networker

Re: [Networker] volumes not recycling

2005-06-24 09:50:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] volumes not recycling
From: Davina Treiber <Treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 14:49:11 +0100
Jon Fraley wrote:
> Networker server 7.1.3 Linux
>

> I have just noticed this lately.  We are bringing volumes back from
> offsite which still have savesets that are still browsable even though
> they have passed their browsable date.  Its strange because some of the
> savesets will be recyclable while others are browsable, but they all
> have the same Retention and Browse polices set.
>
> Has anyone seen this?

This is normal. You will find that the save sets that have not expired
have other save sets depending on them in order to ensure a full restore
back to the time specified by your retention period. This can often mean
that level full save sets are kept for a week or so longer than the
retention period.