Networker

[Networker] Quickie Windows nwadmin question

2005-06-20 11:30:32
Subject: [Networker] Quickie Windows nwadmin question
From: Stanley Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:26:47 -0400
I am trying to teach a colleague how to troubleshoot failed NetWorker backups. My colleague's a Windows guy. I am a Unix guy. I have set up our NetWorker 7.1.3 server on Solaris 9 to give my colleague full management authority on it. For the most part, that option works well for us. One thing I noticed about NetWorker's Windows Administration GUI is that it seems to lack a group details window, like the one that's offered in the Unix nwadmin GUI. I find the group details window to be very useful and I am wondering if anyone on this list can tell me how to access the same information via the Windows Admin GUI.

On the other hand, the ability of NetWorker's Windows Administrator GUI to display a list of client entries that are members of a given group would be a welcome edition on the Unix platform. Hopefully, all the features of each NetWorker Admin GUI will be available across platforms with the next version.