Networker

Re: [Networker] Restore questions

2005-06-19 19:22:31
Subject: Re: [Networker] Restore questions
From: "Werth, Dave" <dave.werth AT GARMIN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 18:12:29 -0500
Folks,

This is a follow-up to my questions from last week.  I asked the question
how much faster is a saveset restore than a normal restore.  We were
restoring 3 logical volumes on a RAID system.  They were E:\ (55 GB), F:\
(57 GB) and G:\ (42 GB).  When we started the restore we simply checked each
of the drives and started it.  After E:\ finished I killed it and use
saveset recovers for F:\ & G:\.

The restore of E:\ took about 11 hours.  The restore of F:\ took about 8.5
hours (including restoring the 2 incrementals that followed it).  Since the
two drives are of similar size (F being 3.6% larger) that is a substantial
difference.

We finally finished getting everything restored yesterday (Saturday)
afternoon and the Full backup we started immediately after finished about 2
hours ago.  The end of a stressful week, thank goodness!

Dave

David Werth
Garmin AT, Inc
Salem, Oregon
dave.werth AT garmin DOT com

use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or
any attachment is prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error,
Thank you for your cooperation