Networker

Re: [Networker] Netapp, ndmp, and incremental backups.

2005-06-16 12:48:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] Netapp, ndmp, and incremental backups.
From: Philippe Michel <philippe.michel AT THALES-IS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 18:46:23 +0200
Darren Dunham a écrit :

I was hoping that if it didn't support the incremental that it would be
upgraded to a "9" rather like the index save is.  But instead I guess
it's doing another full?
I've been looking through the docs for this...  does anyone know where
this might be mentioned?

I didn't see anything obvious in the docs from networker either, but netapp's dump manual states :

  0-9     Dump levels.  A level 0, full backup, guarantees the entire file
          system is copied.  A level number above 0, incremental backup,
          tells dump to copy all files new or modified since the last dump of
          a lower level.

          The default dump level is 0.

I guess the NDMP service somehow filters out the bogus level it gets from networker and one ends with the default level.