Networker

[Networker] save: RPC error: Unable to send

2005-06-07 08:15:21
Subject: [Networker] save: RPC error: Unable to send
From: "Skinner,Alan C(Contractor)" <alan.skinner AT DIX.ARMY DOT MIL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 08:10:50 -0400
RPC errors, what a pain in the ass.

I have queried this List server for Networker on RPC errors and have used
all your helpful hints in trying to solve my problem to no success.  I have
a VIP's workstation out there on my network that I have been backing up with
no problems. Now all of sudden I am getting (save: RPC error: Unable to
send).  The change on the network is our gig backbone and our Foundry
switches, but I am backing another VIP workstations on a similar path.. The
workstation has a 3com 100MB card in it with the latest drivers, set to auto
detect. I have the server in the client host file and the client in the
server host file. Port mapping is good. Can do a reverse lookup on both
ends. Here's the weird thing, When I am on the client using the user gui to
do a manual backup, it starts backing up and then at a certain point it
stops and gives me the error.

By the way I am using Networker 7.1 on Windows 2003 server and the client is
Windows XP (and no the firewall is turned off)

                        Alan Skinner
                        Network Administrator
                        Research, Analysis & Maintenance, Inc.
                        609-562-6039