Networker

[Networker] NDMP Differentials / Fulls

2005-06-03 14:13:37
Subject: [Networker] NDMP Differentials / Fulls
From: Randy Doering <rdoering AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 14:12:26 -0400
Greetings, I apologize if this has been asked/answered before, but I
couldn't find it through the archives.

Environment: Alpha ES45 (Tru64 Unix 5.1B - PK 4) Networker 7.1-1
Client: Celerra V5.4 NAS Appliance.

In my test environment, I've got the client configured with Application
Information of HIST=y, DIRECT=y, and UPDATE=y.

When I try and test from the GUI (either with a Schedule or a manual Group
Start, the full gets written, and the daemon.log file has the info about
saving the index for this client. However if I do a full, then a Level 1
Differential, the backup will always do a full, informing me that "no full
backups of this saveset were found in the media database; performing a full
backup". I've tried specifiying the Level 1 in both the Group and the
Schedule resource.

Now, if I cut and paste the command line that Networker was using (-l
full), and change the full to 1, it only backs up the new files that I
placed on that /test0 file system.

I'm obviously missing something.

Thanks,
Randy