Networker

Re: [Networker] Problem recovering SQL data across a firewall

2005-06-03 13:25:27
Subject: Re: [Networker] Problem recovering SQL data across a firewall
From: Stanley Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 13:24:51 -0400
On Jun 3, 2005, at 1:15 PM, Teresa Biehler wrote:

This sounds a lot like a timeout issue. We've seen this in backups, but
not (yet) in recovers.  The backup will run for about 2 hours and then
fail. So, for smaller backups, there is no problem, but larger backups
fail.

Are there any connection timeout settings on your firewall?

Possibly. We were having a lot of firewall timeout issues with large backups, but after I set up the affected clients with the NSR_NOWAIT_TIMEOUT environment variable, those problems seem to have subsided. We have that environment variable in place on the target server for this SQL recover also, and on our NetWorker server, but it does not seem to help in this situation with valuses of 15 and 30. The network administrators here insist that the timeout on the firewall is not an issue, but now that you
mention it, I am not convinced.