Networker

[Networker] Tape0 gone into service mode.

2005-06-01 05:37:48
Subject: [Networker] Tape0 gone into service mode.
From: Andrew Bridgeman <andrew.bridgeman AT CORUSGROUP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 05:37:08 -0400
I have just put 26 new tapes into my Tape Library but ever since this has
been done Tape 0 has gone into service mode and when i do a full inventory
of all 26 slots tape 12 comes up with erors like:

moving tape_bsf failed uknown error 1104 (0x450) (26843656)

The obvious thing to do is to try a different tape which is what i am going
to do now and also use a cleaning tape in the drive, however the drive is
only a month old so i do not see why this should need to be done already.

Once i have done this how to up the threshhold of my maximum error value?
and also how do i get the tape drive back to normal mode not service mode?

Regards

Andrew Bridgeman