Networker

[Networker] Backing up GSX Server - Reconfiguring Ports

2005-05-26 10:15:22
Subject: [Networker] Backing up GSX Server - Reconfiguring Ports
From: "Ekstrom, Jeffery" <jekstrom AT SANZ DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 08:05:05 -0600
I've got a customer who is running 7 virtual machines on 1 physical host. He
doesn't want to shut down his vms in order to do the backup.

I originally planned on installing clients on each vm, then excluding the vm
directories from physical host's saveset, but 2 of his vms are NATed and I
can't networker to backup more than one of them as we can't put in more than
one port-forwarding rule.

So I need to know 2 things, can you backup vm directories while they are
running? Maybe use OFM or some sort of workaround.

Can you reconfigure the ports that certain clients listen on? Can you configure
networker to only initiate that client's savesets over that port?