Networker

Re: [Networker] Legato reporting/scripts

2005-05-25 22:11:55
Subject: Re: [Networker] Legato reporting/scripts
From: Prasad Chalikonda <prasadcm AT OPTONLINE DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 22:07:49 -0400
Preston, Vince & all,

Thanks a million! This was exactly what I was looking for. Saved me quite a bit of work.

Just another quick Q. The savetime, sscreate, sscomp, all return dates. None return time. Any way to get the start and/or end time from mminfo?

The reporting scripts seem to need to be looked at in depth, & compiled. Think I'll save that for my Memorial Day project.

Thanks again,
Prasad.

Preston de Guise wrote:
Hi Prasad,

Is there anyway to get start & end times and saveset info that the
savegroup reports generates, from some other source, like mminfo?

mminfo -q "ssid=X" -r savetime,sscreate,sscomp

savetime = saveset creation time (server)
sscreate = saveset start time (client)
sscomp = saveset completion time (not documented, I assume client)

Also, I need to export all this to one Excel sheet. I'm working on
inserting "commas" between fields. Does anyone have a better way of
doing it?

If using NetWorker 7.x, you can do this by adding after your mminfo query:

-xc,

for comma separated variable format.

e.g.,

mminfo -q "savetime>=2 weeks ago" -xc,

will produce the last 2 weeks savesets in comma separated variable
list for easy import into excel.

Cheers,

-Preston.