Networker

[Networker] Configuring Networker for NDMP backups

2005-05-25 15:31:04
Subject: [Networker] Configuring Networker for NDMP backups
From: Randy Doering <rdoering AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 15:27:59 -0400
Greetings,

We are currently testing a new EMC Celerra NAS Appliance and I'm setting up
Networker for NDMP Backups.

I had a problem running jbconfig and was getting permission problems. I had
not setup the ndmp user/password when the gear was set up, so I deleted it
and added it with a known password, and then jbconfig was able to configure
the jukebox.

Now I'm trying to label some tapes for testing using both nsrjb and the
GUI, and am having problems related to the username/password it seems, as I
get:

nsrjb: Jukebox error:  Wed 02:22:30 PM failed to establish connection to
NDMP server

and some related messages in the daemon.log file.

I have set the username/password in the Junkbox, all 4 of the tape drives,
and on the client resource. The Jukebox takes the tape out of the correct
slot, and inserts it into the tape drive, does a read label on it and then
errors out.

Environment: Networker 7.1.1 on RH Linux 3.0U3, Celerra V5.4. HP MSL5000
Tape Library.

Thanks,
Randy