Networker

Re: [Networker] 2005 EMC Technology Summit

2005-05-19 22:17:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] 2005 EMC Technology Summit
From: "Browning, David" <DBrown AT LSUHSC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 21:15:12 -0500
Again, this is based on what the EMC Legato Networker Product Usability
Manger (that's a mouthfull) SAID:

NMC will come standard with Networker in the next release.  This will be a
plain vanilla version, with limited reporting.  If you want the additional
reporting, you will have to buy an enabler.

For those of you that already paid for Network Operations console, that's
going away, as it is being replaced by NMC.  Some people asked how Legato
was going to "fix" that (giving away something that other's paid for), there
was no real answer, other than Legato would "work with them".

Again, since I was not even aware of this product prior to the "Summit", I
can only tell you what I was told.

David M. Browning Jr.
LSUHSC Enterprise Network Operations/Help Desk
(504) 568-4364 - Direct
(504) 914-7550 - Cell