Networker

Re: [Networker] Command line reporting questions

2005-05-17 19:08:21
Subject: Re: [Networker] Command line reporting questions
From: Teresa Biehler <tpbsys AT RIT DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 19:00:55 -0400
This will work to some degree, but there are limitations:
- This information is not retained when NetWorker is restarted.
- If a group is rerun even as a probe (savegrp -pnv), then this data is
overwritten.
- This does not contain complete completion information.  Often this
will contain a message about "X lines of suppress output".  In our
environment, this tends to happen on any client where there are files
opened/in use/changing while backups are being done.  The problem,
however, is that there is no filtering done on what messages may be
suppressed.

Enjoy.
Teresa