Networker

Re: [Networker] Empty volumes tab when using windows for administration

2005-05-14 10:22:39
Subject: Re: [Networker] Empty volumes tab when using windows for administration
From: "King, David - Eastman" <dking AT EASTMAN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 10:16:06 -0400
Since we use DNS, we don't want to create hardcoded host files.

For laptops not showing the contents of a tab, Legato has a known bug
for this problem when using XP.  Otherwise it is probably a network lag
issue.  I've seen this frequently when we are having bandwidth problems
and especially when my laptop is wireless and/or using VPN.

For the problem of showing 'Not in media index', I had the same problems
also for a few of my datazones.   It occurred when the host server
changed domains.  Networker apparently hardcodes the domain name when it
is installed and on it's index subdirectories, so a change to the host's
domain usually breaks something.   Be sure your DNS and Networker client
configuration has all alias's.  This fixed all but one of my datazones.
For the one that still did not work, I had to uninstall Networker and
reinstall it in a different path.  (Then do a disaster recovery to bring
back your media database and SFI's.

Hope this helps.

David L. King