Networker

Re: [Networker] AIT-4 Drives not recognized

2005-05-11 17:45:03
Subject: Re: [Networker] AIT-4 Drives not recognized
From: Craig Ruefenacht <craig.ruefenacht AT US.USANA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 15:34:52 -0600
Hi,

I know this is a different architecture than yours, but I saw the same
behavior as far as recognizing the AIT-4 drive as a 4mm drive.

We installed a SpectraLogic 2K (Treefrog) about a month ago with a
single AIT-4 tape drive.  Its connected to a HP-UX 11i machine, and
although an ioscan shows it as a Sony SDX-900V, when configuring it (as
a storage node) the jbconfig utility saw it as a 4mm tape drive.

In reading the install manual for the Treefrog, it said that on HP-UX
11i the AIT-4 would be seen as a 4mm tape drive.  I just tried to find
that document but its inaccessable at the moment - I don't remember if
Linux was in the same boat as HP-UX 11i.

I told Networker (v7.1.3) that it was an AIT-3 drive and it has been
working as I would expect it to, getting about 500 Gbyte per AIT-4 tape.
Networker 7.1.3 doesn't have AIT-4 as a media type you can specify for
the device.

--
Craig Ruefenacht
UNIX Systems Administrator