Networker

Re: [Networker] Red Hat SCSI adapter - Urgent Help

2005-05-02 09:52:45
Subject: Re: [Networker] Red Hat SCSI adapter - Urgent Help
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 09:57:04 -0400
One thing that someone once mentioned sometime back -- may have been a
long time back -- is to add the following entry to /etc/modules.conf

post-install st /sbin/stinit

I think the above line would be added at the end of the file; however,
it may not matter where in the file you add it?

One thing, however, and that is that I am unclear if in fact it is
necessary to do this and under what circumstances you'd do this and/or
if there's something else that also needs to be done such as running
'modprobe sg', as already suggested by another person. I have a very
weak understanding of how Linux manages its devices and what commands
need to be run when and/or what files need to be edited where.

You could certainly try adding the above line, reboot and see what
happens. The man page for stinit might also be worth reading. Also, you
can run something like:

modprobe -l

to get a listing of the modules. I'm not certain if this shows you the
installed modules or just those that can be installed. Can also run

modprobe -c

to see the current configuration.

Might want to see what references there are for 'sg' and 'scsi'.

Please post an update when this problem is resolved. I'd like to be
better educated on these issues as I'm in the dark.

Thanks.

George