Networker

Re: [Networker] Restore Windows Registry: Some newer keys still present

2005-04-12 09:48:46
Subject: Re: [Networker] Restore Windows Registry: Some newer keys still present
From: thierry.faidherbe AT HP DOT COM
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 08:43:22 -0500
Well, it works like a single recover is doing : when you recover a full
backup of a saveset, it overwrites (or not depending of options you
specified) existing files or directories but it does not erase files
created in the meantime.
If you want it to be "clean", you reformat the volume before recovering,
doing a Disaster recovery of your filesystem/volume.

Same story applies for registry, excepted that reformatting is recreating
a new one during DR and recovering the one from your backup.
Registry being always opened, recover is not an overwrite but a kind of
"merge" with existing keys.

HTH,

TH