Networker

Re: [Networker] Large incremental backups on w2k volume?

2005-04-01 08:39:27
Subject: Re: [Networker] Large incremental backups on w2k volume?
From: Phillip_Young AT I2 DOT COM
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 07:32:32 -0600
Oscar,

Suggest that you set the "NSR_AVOID_ARCHIVE" environment variable on your
w2k machine to a non-null value, i.e. "yes" or "1" or something.  Then
reboot.  This will instruct NetWorker to ignore changes that may be being
made to files on your client machine as a result of antivirus scanning.  I
know that this fix solved the exact problem you mention on over 500 win2k
servers at my site.

-ty

Phillip T. ("Ty") Young, DMA
Manager, Data Center and Backup/Recovery Services
Information Services
i2 Technologies, Inc.

             Patricio Mora
             <patricio.mora.ex
             t@JUNTADEANDALUCI                                          To
             A.ES>                     NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

             Sent by: Legato                                            cc
             NetWorker
             discussion                                            Subject
             <NETWORKER@LISTSE         Re: [Networker] Large incremental
             RV.TEMPLE.EDU>            backups on w2k volume?

             04/01/2005 12:54
             AM

             Please respond to
             Legato NetWorker
                discussion
             <NETWORKER@LISTSE
              RV.TEMPLE.EDU>;
             Please respond to
               Patricio Mora
             <patricio.mora.ex
             t@JUNTADEANDALUCI
                   A.ES>

Don't know if it relates. We were not using the change journal method.
Also I tell you things I read long ago, dont know it it still applies.

When networker finds a Windows file with the attribute 'A' (modified),
it backups the file in any incremental, and continues to save it until
a full is run, moment in which it removes the modified attribute.

Bye.