Networker

[Networker] Large incremental backups on w2k volume?

2005-03-31 04:25:29
Subject: [Networker] Large incremental backups on w2k volume?
From: Oscar Olsson <spam1 AT QBRANCH DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:19:17 +0200
We have a large drive on one of our networker clients, about 1,3 TB. This volume produces incremental savesets which are almost as large as the total data on the volume. We have selected to use the windows change journal, and have ensured that it is indeed large enough (4GB according to the networker change journal manager). We have also run a level 6 check of the client index for the client in question, but none of these actions seem to help. We have also performed a full backup after taking these steps, but it still persists.

The client and server version are 7.1.3. Is this anything that seems familiar to someone in the networker community? We're really out of ideas of how to troubleshoot it.

//Oscar