Networker

Re: [Networker] Tapes getting marked as "full" when not used?

2005-03-30 12:00:33
Subject: Re: [Networker] Tapes getting marked as "full" when not used?
From: "Dell, Mary" <mdell AT MESIROWFINANCIAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 10:57:26 -0600
This is definitely a cleaning issue...and if you move a lot of tapes thru
your drives, even with regular cleaning you may have to replace the drives
from time to time.

This happens periodically with my jukeboxes, and I have the operators do an
extra cleaning and then relabel the affected tapes.  Usually that clears it
up; if it doesn't I have the drive replaced.  I have networker manage the
cleaning schedule - once every two weeks for low-use drives, once a week for
high-use (high use=writing all day as well as all night)