Networker

[Networker] Read media

2005-03-21 14:19:26
Subject: [Networker] Read media
From: Carter Fowler <cfowler AT LONDON DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 14:14:03 -0500
Hey all;

I'm wondering if anyone knows of utility that will actually read the media
information of a tape from a device.  Something other than a version of
the MT.EXE command would be highly preferable as this utility does not
actually query the media within a Windows environment.  I've only ever got
it work once, all subsequent attempts provide device info but no media
info.

TIA,

Carter Fowler
Hardware Services Technician