Networker

Re: [Networker] check license dedicated storage node

2005-03-21 09:05:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] check license dedicated storage node
From: thierry.faidherbe AT HP DOT COM
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 09:01:40 -0500
Well, directly, you cannot. The only way is to call nsradmin and to gather
for each client, client name and storage node affinity :

nsradmin> show name,storagenode affinity
nsradmin> print type:nsr device

Then, parse the output and build an array for each entry in client storage
node affinity like perl sampl, substituing generic nsrhost/nsrserverhost
entries by your server name :

     SN_ARRAY{$storage_node_name}{$client}=1;

Once all of the nsradmin output is parsed, count amount of client per
storage node.

     if you have more than 1 client per SN, then it's a storage node.
     if you have 1 client per SN, then it's a SAN/dedicated storage node.

Another trick is to gather from nsr device list (version 7+) for name and
attribute "dedicated storage node".

nsradmin> show name,dedicated storage node
nsradmin> print type:nsr device
Then, from the device names, eg rd=host:/devicename, split to isolate SN
name, removing rd= and :/device.
It will give you an idea, nothing preventing, in V7, a SN to have
dedicated device and normal device, acting as SN and SAN SN at the same
time.

HTH,

Th