Networker

[Networker] scanner -m or not?

2005-03-18 12:06:39
Subject: [Networker] scanner -m or not?
From: Shawn Cox <shawn.cox AT PCCA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:05:40 -0600
Got a quick scenario to run buy you smart people.

I have 6 DLT tapes which contain savesets from 21 servers multiplexed. These are from 2002 and an old installation of Networker v6.x. I no longer have the media or client indexes for these clients and volumes. I need to restore just 20 files from one saveset of one client from these tapes. If I remember correctly scanner -m will rebuild the Volumes and an nsrck -L7 will rebuild the client indexes, but at significant time cost. Is there an easier way to approach this? I have the ssid for the saveset I am after, but can't seem to come up with a better way to do this than scannering all 6 tapes.

Happy Friday
--Shawn