Networker

Re: [Networker] Right of way for recovers?

2005-03-11 11:35:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] Right of way for recovers?
From: Conrad Macina <conrad.macina AT PFIZER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:35:15 -0500
>I see no
>advantage to setting the write-protect tab on cartridges that NetWorker
>uses

You're right, as long as the tape isn't recyclable. The write protect tab
prevents NetWorker from relabeling an expired tape; setting it to readonly
doesn't. I would recommend doing both for normal restores, just in case
someone forgets to remove the tape from the jukebox.

Conrad Macina
Pfizer, Inc.