Networker

Re: [Networker] FW: MMRECOV

2005-03-11 04:47:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] FW: MMRECOV
From: Davina Treiber <Treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:48:44 +0000
Ciolek, Ken wrote:
_____ From: Ciolek, Ken Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 1:21 AM
To: 'Legato NetWorker discussion'
Subject: MMRECOV
I am in the process of rebuilding a Networker server and trying to run the
MMRECOV and fails with the following error. Any ideas?
Uasm: Invalid Save Stream Tries to mount tape and then rejects with RAP error and exits with return
code 1

Did you decide to use the same hardware and software as before or did you upgrade to Windows 2000?

My gut feeling would be that this is a block size issue, and related in some way to the old chestnut about scatter/gather buffers. This could relate to a different SCSI driver in use.

As an example, I have seen NT4 systems using Compaq SCSI cards where the driver allowed 128KB block size by default. The system was rebuilt with a newer NT4 build that incorporated a newer version of the SCSI driver, but by default could only support 64KB block size. In this case Compaq support were no help and could not provide any way to change this. I never resolved this particular issue, and to my knowledge the customer just lived with the fact that recovering from old tapes was near impossible.

Give us some more detail...