Networker

Re: [Networker] Mixing different versions of clients and server

2005-03-10 18:38:07
Subject: Re: [Networker] Mixing different versions of clients and server
From: Craig Ruefenacht <craig.ruefenacht AT US.USANA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 16:30:15 -0700
Thanks to those who replied either to me personally or to the list about
this topic.

A few have verified that a Networker 6.1.x client will work with a
Networker 7.1.x server and there shouldn't be any issues.  As for the
storage node question, I found a one-line note in the release supplement
for Networker 7.1.3 that says that a Networker server release 7.1.x
supports release 6.x storage nodes.

Another interesting note on the same page in the documentation says that
a Networker 7.1.x storage node is not compatible with a Networker server
earlier than v6.0, so it appears that you can have a v7.x storage node
and a v6.x server and be okay as well.

--
Craig Ruefenacht
UNIX Systems Administrator