Networker

Re: [Networker] NetWorker Module for Oracle

2005-03-10 16:44:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetWorker Module for Oracle
From: Matthew Huff <mhuff AT OX DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 16:39:09 -0500
The App Server consists of three components: Repository, Infrastructure
and Mid-Tier. Each can exist on separate machines or on the same
machine, or any combination. The Repository is an oracle database and
you will need to use the Networker Module for Oracle to back it up. The
Infrastrucutre and Mid-Tier are Apache/jserve engines and can be backed
up with the reguluar client, although I would use .nsr files to use
logasm, etc... on the log directories.

I would strongly suggest using completely separate machines for the
mid-tier and infrastructure systems. The repository can sit on the
infrastructure box. BTW, patch early and often. There are a lot of
issues.