Networker

Re: [Networker] Stopping requests for snode?

2005-03-09 16:51:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] Stopping requests for snode?
From: Davina Treiber <Treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 21:52:12 +0000
George Sinclair wrote:
Hi,

Is there a way to disable snode request messages on the primary server:

"restarting nsrmmd #x on snode in 2 minute(s)."

for an snode that you're not currently using and is powered off?

We have a storage node that I've powered off since we don't need it
right now. We're using another storage node. I disabled it's jukebox
under nwadmin, and I'd like to not continue to see these messages, but
aside from powering the snode back on to allow the nsr daemons to start
up, I can't see a way to stop these messages unless I delete the
associated jukebox.

We're gonna use this snode later on, but I'd prefer not to have it
powered on right now, and I don't want to un-install anything or have to
re-run jbconfig later. It's all set as is.

Disable the tape devices on that node.